2007/12/30

La Paz, Bolivia

The bus ride from Puno to La Paz does usually not take more than five hours, but since our bus (coming from Lima) was almost 8 hours (¡) late, it took us basically one whole day to get to La Paz….

I immediately liked La Paz, the highest capital city in the world at 3650 meters. Built in the basin of a canyon and surrounded by snow capped mountains, the city was bustling with pre-Christmas activities, colorful street markets and thousands of people everywhere…
I joined a city tour which took us around the main square, Plaza Murillo, to the witches market and the Moon Valley with its strange rock formations shaped by the weather.

After three weeks travel with my Tucan group it was time for me to say good–bye and to hit the road on my own again…it was great traveling with you guys, thanks a lot and hope to see you again sometime somewhere around the world! After two days in La Paz I boarded the night bus to Uyuni, my next destination, where I would spend Christmas touring the salar flats of Uyuni.



La Paz









Colorful street markets





















Moon Valley














No comments: