2007/11/28

Vilcabamba, the valley of longevity!

No wonder Vilcabamba in the south of Ecuador is such a popular stop along the “gringo trail” between Ecuador and Peru….. the area is so beautiful and tranquil with a very agreeable climate all year round and some great hostels!
I stayed in Izhcayluma, a great place run by two German guys, have a look at their little paradise (and it is not even expensive!)
www.izhcayluma.com







At the bus station in Vilcabamba I met Stacey, a girl from the States who is also travelling on her own and as she was going to stay at the same hostel, we decided to share a room. The next couple of days we spent relaxing in our hammocks, getting some really great massages and going for some hikes.
It was my idea to go horse riding and I convinced Stacey that we should do the one day tour.
Well, she didn’t really like it that much but it was actually my horse that decided to fall into the river (while we were crossing the river that is…) and I got really soaked!
Fortunately nothing happened to neither me nor the horse, I only got quite a big bruise on my left tight and my camera got wet as well, until today it is still not quite working yet....

Horse back riding with Stacey






No comments: