2007/11/14

Galapagos Islands

The trip to Galapagos Islands was probably one of the most exciting and special experiences I had on my trip so far!


I took an eight day boat tour around the various islands and usually we visited one or two islands per day, could snorkel in the freezing cold water at least once a day and did sail during the night. I wasn't too sure how well I would take the rough sea and if I could sleep in my bunk bed on board, but no worries.... with the exception of the last night, where it really got quite rough, I slept almost like a baby.
Our boat, the Guantanamera, could host 16 passengers and 7 crew members and we were quite an international group. The first part of the trip I was sharing my cabin with Barbara, a nice lady from Atlanta/US and during the second part of the week, Susan from Winterthur was my companion.
The most amazing thing on this trip was that all the animals we saw, had absolutely no fear of humans and you could have touched and stroked them all (which is of course not allowed); the animals act as if the humans are nothing more than slightly annoying paparazzis....


I don't really want to bore you with too much information and text and rather put some pictures, but here just a short list of the various animals we saw on the various islands:
- Sea Lions
- Crabs
- Land and Marine Iguanas
- Various Seabirds and Boobies
- Penguins
- Albatrosses
- Finches
- Mockingbirds
- Giant Turtles and Sea Turtles
- Lizards
- Dolphins
- Flamingos
- Rays
- Sharks
... and much more























































































































No comments: