2007/11/28

Cuenca

From Guayaquil I continued my journey south and after a four hour bus ride got to Cuenca, the third biggest city in Ecuador. It was almost love at first sight... the many colonial buildings in the old town, the churches, the cobblestone streets, the nice plazas and the rivers; have a look at the pictures yourself!
I really enjoyed Cuenca a lot and had I known the place before, I might even have done my volunteering work here...
In Puerto Lopez I had met Alfredo, an Ecuadorian-Swiss tour guide, who gave me some nice tips for Cuenca, so I stayed with Belen in her private house and had the best spaghetti in the restaurant of a Swiss girl from Appenzell! Should you ever visit Cuenca, ask me for the directions!

I stayed five days in Cuenca, enough time to visit some places around Cuenca (see next entry), to go to the hairdresser (now I have really short hair again...) and to buy a famous Panama hat; they are not from Panama but from Ecuador and Cuenca is one of the best places to get them, did you know that??!!

Impressions of Cuenca




























No comments: